Friday 1 July 2011

Hello and our year so far.

Hello there everyone,welcome to my blog.I am totally new to blogging,I have enjoyed reading many blogs over the last 5 years but never written one myself.Over the last 6 months I have felt the desire to write the happening of my life down.We have certaintly in the last few years had our fair share of ups and downs with our daughter Kate health struggles,but the Lord is good and faithful.Well I dont really know where to start,as most days we just plod along getting our school work done,getting chores done,cooking,playing etc.But the last 4 months in our home have been somewhat out of the ordinary.You see about 3 months my dear husband complained to me at lunchtime of a headache,we thought nothing of it he took some panadol and we all got on with our day.About 3pm he decided to go off to bed,complaining of feeling worse.I thought then it was perhaps a migraine,something he has had in the past but not to this degree.After the girls went to bed around 8pm I went up to the bedroom to check on him,I will never forget the way he looked.Sweat was pouring out of him,he was barely conscious that still small voice in my head said Janelle this is SERIOUS.Not sure what to do,I phoned the radio doctor.He arrived after about 1 hour and offered Matt a injection of Tramadol for the pain,with instructions to get him to hospital.So being unable to move him,It was decided to call for an ambulance.That night was a horrible one watching Matt so sick in pain like I have never seen before.Anyway to cut a long story short we stayed in emergency from Friday night till Monday morning having test after test,Blood,Urine,CT Scan,Lumbar Puncture.While waiting for results Matt started declining very fast,and was requiring oxygen,he was extremely distressed.I honestly did not know if Matt was going to pull through,I was so fearful of losing my best friend.Late Sunday night they got some initial results on the Lumbar Puncture saying it was looking to be Mennangitis,a swelling of the lining of the brain.Mennangitis is very serious and sadly people still lose there lives to it or can have lasting serious side affects.
                                   To be continued
Many Blessings
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment