Monday 4 July 2011

Part 2 and the daily happenings.

Hello,
I am back.I hope everyone has had a great weekend and is ready for the week ahead.Its the first week of school holidays here in NSW,we do enjoy the easier pace of the school holidays even though we dont go to school.We have had a great weekend,Kate plays soccer so our Saturday morning was started bright and early.The team played a great game and she scored a goal which she was thrilled about.Matt was home on Saturday and he got this great idea that he would like to spring clean the girls rooms from top to bottom.Anyone out there who has girls knows what this kind of job entails,oh dear I wondered if he new what he had gotten himself into.So the girls rooms look great,but I secretly wonder for how long.Sadly we didnt get to church on Sunday,Matt was rostered on to work.If I am truthful I find it very hard to go to church alone with the girls.I dont mean the logistics of it,I am talking about the feeling of being a single mother with 4 girls.I must however clarify,I am blessed to be married to a wonderful hubby who loves the Lord,but he is a shift worker and works most weekends.He averages getting to church with us one to two times a month depending on his shifts.Its the other weeks that its hard,that I feel lonely sitting in church alone while the girls are in kids church activities.I probably make it on my own when Matt is at work 8 out of 10 times which I think is pretty good still could do better though,but I just couldnt face it on Sunday.Now before anyone thinks I am having a little poor me pity party lol,I do realised just how blessed I am to have a hubby who rather be in church with his family if given the choice,I realise that that is not the case for so many familys out there.Anyway on to part 2 of my story,so we have just been told that Matt has Mennangitis and will be admitted to hospital for probably a week.So its Monday morning and we are informed that they finally have a bed for him in the ward,hooray I was beggining to think that we would be spending all this time in emergency as we had been there at this point since Friday evening.At this point the last time I slept was Thurday night,I had briefly came home on Saturday evening to have a shower and change my clothes.Sunday he was so sick that I didnt dare leave his side for a minute,he was very distressed and in terrible pain.I am so thankful to my Mum and sister who just moved into our home and took over with the girls,they made is so all I had to think about was Matt and helping him get well.Matt doesnt have much memory of the Saturday or Sunday,he was on morphine to try to control his pain.The things that he does however remember is me continually praying over him,crying out to God "Jesus please heal him","Thankyou Lord that you go before us and we are not alone","Please Lord bring us through this storm so we can give you the glory".By Monday morning the Lord had brought about some some relief for Matt,I guess knowing what we were facing being mennangitis and also they had started him on treatment and pain managment so he could get some rest.We were thankful that he had a room by himself as he needed the room dark he could not tolerate light for a couple of weeks,it also meant that as he progressed in his recovery we would be able to bring the girls up for short visits as they were so worried and desperatley missing there Daddy.Monday night came around and he was all tucked into bed,both Matt and my Mum had insisted that I go home and get some sleep.I didnt want to leave my best friend there in hospital alone still so sick,but that last word sounded so good and I knew they were right as I didnt really know what day it was or the time of day all my days had blended into one since Friday.I knew the Lord was watching over him now it was time for some SLEEP!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment